You've got those travel plans locked down. Now onto the important task of thinking through what to pack! Here are 5 travel essentials that will have you looking and feeling luxuriously fabulous.
What is Revenge Travel?
2020 was a hard year. The World was on lockdown and many travel and vacation plans were put on hold. In anticipation of more freedom that vaccines provide, Americans and people from all over the World are eager to finally be able to travel. It's time for the post-pandemic trip you have been saving for. We're ready to spend more money to travel then every before.
Where are People Travelling to?
For most Americans, domestic travel is experiencing a boom. Though as Worldwide destinations are opening up a desire to go to exotic locations is in demand. According to Forbes, the most popular U.S Travel Destinations are:
- Las Vegas
While the most popular International destinations are:
- Caribbean Resorts
A few things these destinations all have in common is that the temperature is Hot AND Humid. So when you are thinking of packing you want to make sure that you bring along things that are suitable for sticky and temperamental weather conditions. When thinking of what outfits to pack, you will want clothing that will keep you feeling cool, dry, while also looking your best.
What Should I Bring?
A few essentials are:
- Sun Hat
- Bathing Suits
- Eye Masks
- Lightweight Jacket
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Cami Tops
- Fun Jewelry
- Passport or ID
When it comes to clothing things you'll want to remember are you are looking for items that are breathable, will keep you dry, and adjust to your body temperature. Typically, items made of natural fibers such as Cotton, Linen, Chambray, Silk are going to be your best bet, while synthetics such as Polyester, Rayon, Viscose are not only at times toxic for your skin but due to it's on-breathable natural will trap heat and make you feel even hotter! Furthermore, they do not absorb any moisture so will make you feel even more uncomfortable in humid environments.
Here are the top 5 Items we recommend you bring to enjoy your Vacation:
- Silk Shorts - These are perfect to wear all day and easily use as a cover up at the beach or pool but are well constructed enough to wear out and about or to dinner.
- Silk Cami Top - Cut with a flowy construction our silk camisole tops will keep you feeling cool all day long. They can be easily paired with any of our bottoms to create a jumpsuit look.
- Silk Eye Mask - We can't travel without one! Nothing like the smooth fabric touching your face while blocking out light while on the plane, in the car, or in your hotel room to ensure you get optimal sleep.
- Silk Slip Dress - This travel essential can be easily dressed up or down. Plus the built-in bra means you don't have to worry about uncomfortable strapless bras or nipple pads that slip off your skin due to the hot and we weather.
- Silk Pillow Case - Even the world's finest hotels use cotton pillowcases which can be drying on your skin and hair. Silk pillowcases are easy to pack and will make your curly hair tamer in humid destinations.
Staying Safe as The World Continues to Open
We are so thrilled that more and more parts of the World are resuming life as we knew it. However, it's always good to continue to be aware that not everyone has been vaccinated and that different strains continue to appear. When travelling it is still required to wear a mask to protect yourself and others. You may choose to do so in other areas as well. Remember that it's still good hygiene to wash your hands frequently and cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
We hope this packing list helps to make travelling fun and easy again! We are a fan of minimal packing so have designed pieces that are versatile and easy to wear no matter where your travel takes you. One concern people have with natural fabrics is that they can often wrinkle easily. One pro tip is that once you put the item on your body heat and the humidity of many beach and tropical destinations will help the wrinkles to release quickly!
We'd love to hear and see pictures of your summer travels too. Tag us on Instagram or share in the comments below!