Take care of your MORE SUNDAY garment and wash before wear. Place a little delicate laundry soap in bucket or sink of cold water. Swish your garment, let sit for 5 minutes, roll in towel to remove excess water and hang to dry in shaded area.
How to Wash:
- Use Cold water
- Hand wash with non-enzymatic mild laundry soap - in general do not use anything labeled "Detergent". This is important because enzymatic cleansers use agents that lift stains by eating away at proteins. Since silk is made of protein you will gradually weaken and ruin the silk by using enzymatic cleansers.
- Our favorite soap to use: Zum Clean aromatherapy laundry soap
- You can also use Woolite or The Laundress Delicate Wash
- If you must use the machine Gentle Cycle only and throw in fine mesh delicate laundry bag
How to Dry:
- Roll in fluffy towel to remove excess moisture
- Hang or lay flat to dry
- Dry in shaded area
How to Remove Wrinkles:
- Cool iron on dull side (For that like-new shine)
- Low heat steam
- Hang in shower
- Remember that silk is a protein structure much like your own hair. Heat will damage it over time
Things to Watch Out For:
- Do not bleach
- Do not use cleaners with enzymes
- Do not twist or wring out
The better you care for it the longer it can care for you!